Friday, February 8, 2013

Skin79 VIP Gold Review

Product Review: Skin79 VIP Gold

About product:
  • VIP Gold is a BB cream that helps keep skin moist, has whitening effect, and ingredients to help prevent wrinkles. 
    • Sweet Almond oil provides nutrition and resilience for skin. Arbutin helps whitening of skin. Madecassoside improves texture. Kava, Purslane extracts relaxes the skin, Adenosine helps wrinkle improvement, and Osmopur protects the skin.
What I like:
  • Multiple functions and ingredients to treat my skin
  • Easy Pump
  • Comes in various sizes
    • Mines is 40g, which lasts pretty long. If you're a first time buyer, I recommend getting the 5g. 
  • Helps cover light blemishes, acne scars, and a little bit of my freckles
  • Product oxidizes to skin tone 
    • I have to point out that it does have whitening effect, so you could appear one shade lighter than you normally are
  • Triple Function: whitening, UV protecting SPF 25, wrinkle improvement
  • Good for dry skin/combination skin
  • Does not appear to be "cakey" or heavy on face, which is why I like bb cream more than liquid foundation
  • Face looks great in pictures
  • Lightweight makeup

What I dislike:
  • Bottle is not transparent, so it's really hard to tell when you're almost running out
  • Coverage is good for minimal acne scars, pores, freckles, etc. Not as great if you have cystic acne. When applying too much, face can appear to be very pale.
  • Does not come in many shades. If you have medium-dark to dark skin, this product may not be suitable for you, since this product is targeted to Asian skin.

A little background about my skin type:
My skin type is oily/combination, however in the winter, its a mix of dry/combination. Overall, this product is great. The reason I bought this was because I really enjoy the VIP Hot Pink, but because of the cold winter, my skin appears to way drier than it normally is. I heard that VIP Gold is better for hydrating and moisturizing the skin and the VIP Hot Pink wasn't doing too good of a job in that area. I'm really glad I tried the VIP Gold, its an alternative for me in the winter season. I highly recommend this.

My newly arrived Skin79 VIP Gold Collection +
3 Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack Tony Moly Sample

Skin79 VIP Gold Pump Bottle

Skin79 VIP Gold Collection

1. Pump of BB Cream
2. Gray cast forming right after applying
3. BB Cream oxidizes to skin color



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...