Monday, August 13, 2012

Off The Grid

It was a splendid day in the Bay Area today. The weather was nice with a cool breeze and the right amount of sunshine warmth. It was my first time at Off The Grill! It's an event where different types of food truck come together in one location to serve the community. The food was absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to go back again one of these weekends to try the other food trucks. 

Once you get there, you get a whiff of an overwhelmingly yummy smell from all the food trucks. I took a couple of walks around the area before I could actually decide what I want to eat. What I noticed was there were a lot of couples, dogs, and families, that came out to enjoy some sun.

I had a Thai taco with chicken meat at the Wheel of Siam. I got 2/$5. And truthfully, the price was a bit pricey for me but after that bite, it was worth my money. Also, had a crispy miso cured tofu with bok choy and garlic mayo sauce. It was ~ 6 bucks, cheaper than all the other burgers from the other trucks. It was not as good as I expected, I wanted to try it just because the name was different and unique. But overall, it was still a good burger. Last but not least the dessert. For a classic cream puff, it was also very yummy. I got it for $3.29 for a piece. Yea, that's how much I wanted one. All the food was absolutely worth-watering, just thinking about it makes me hungry again.

Off The Grid!
My Thai Chicken Taco...oh my, that sauce was yummy!
Crispy Miso Cured Tofu Burger with Bok Choy
Delicious classic chocolate glazed cream puff
Half eaten and about to be gone cream puff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...