Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mobile Food Trucks Unite

Today was a nice sunny day for eating lunch out in the sun.

Off the Grid in Alameda is open every Saturday from 11am to 3pm.

If you don't know what Off the Grid is, it's basically an organized gathering of various food vendors (mobile trucks) in one location. Many trucks are self-sufficient that doesn't rely on public utilities, which is why they travel from location-to-location bringing their uniqueness and delicious foods from many different places. This is also a great way to try out different types of food, wide-ranges from Peruvian to Vietnamese, many which are experimental fusion that came out right. If you were ever wondering where you can find a particular truck, many vendors have adapt to social medias to notify us of their whereabouts.




I got myself a bacon fried chicken at the Bacon Bacon truck. I mean, who can say no to bacon. The burger contained a giant panko encrusted chicken breast, bacon, spicy slaw and bacon mayo sauce.

It was quite delicious and I had a shock looking at the giant crispy chicken breast when I opened my food box. I do have to suggest a thinner slice of bread for the bun and some more of that bacon mayo sauce. Chicken breast is the dry part of the chicken and if you're like me, I like my meat dark. 

Bacon Fried Chicken
Bacon Fried Chicken
I also bought a side of Kamikaze fries from the Koja Kitchen truck. They are my absolute go-to fries. These are not your average french fries, these are the Kamikaze fries and they are made of criss-cut fries. I know it may not be the best types of fries, but the criss-cut is drizzled in red hot sauce and Japanese mayo topped with minced Korean BBQ beef, kimchi, sauteed onions, and some green onions.

It's a shame that I didn't take a picture. I highly recommend trying this, especially if you're a potato lover like me.



Can't get enough. More Off the Grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...