Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ramen Madness

This is a follow-up to the Ramen Fest that I talked about a two months ago. Check it out if you have not already.

To sum it up in a few words about this event: Chaotic Madness for a Bowl of Ramen.
More extreme ratings of the festival: Yelp reviews
If you're not sure what I'm talking about, here's a few pictures.

Jpop Summit Festival
You know you're at Japan Town
when you see that tower
Volunteers helping out at the festival
Chef flipping those ramen burger
The banner that started it all...
And the chaos begins
Way too many people
Had to grab a snack before waiting in line
More people
I made it after 3 hours of wait!!
I'm a little skeptic about how I feel about the ramen. My taste buds are saying the ramen was really good, especially the broth. The thing about a good bowl of ramen is essentially how good the stock is and this was really good. On the other hand, my stomach is telling me that I was just deprived of food for 3 hours and I was just hungry at that moment.

Tonkotsu Ramen
The seats
For the experience, it was probably only good for a one-timer. I will definitely not try this again. I have heard a lot of backers, meaning backing out of the line after seeing it, complained and decided to eat at a decent restaurant. This may have boosted the amount of customers entering nearby ramen or even other types of restaurants. And not to mentioned that every popular ramen restaurants in San Francisco/San Mateo had loads of lines and waiting. I guess people really wanted that ramen.

If you still feel the need to venture out and experience this firsthand for the next festival, one important tip is to arrive early (really early, I cannot stress this enough). You will be able to avoid the afternoon crowd and long lines. You will also be able to avoid all the crazy commute, speaking for both taking bart and driving.

Next Ramen Fest Event Schedule:
October 3 - 5 --------- San Jose
October 10 -12 ------- San Jose
October 17 -19 ------- Las Angeles Ponoma

Not a ramen fan, there are plenty of vendors that set-up their booths to sell merchandises.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...