Monday, December 30, 2013

Do you want to build a snowman ♩♪♫♬

I am not a big fan of the winter season. Yet, there are many wondrous occasions that fall under this season, the family oriented Thanksgiving, black Friday no-sleep shopping, joyous Christmas, the beginnings of a New Year, etc.

Yet the biggest joy of winter is the first glimpse of snow fall. What better way to start of the new year in a bit of snow. Here’s to a mini trip to Tahoe, NV for a bit of snowboarding fun.

A group of 10 of us set off the trip in two cars.
Welcome to Nevada
We finally arrived at our cabin! It was bigger than what I expected it to be.

Forest Pines Condominums
My home for the next two days
Our cabin consists of three rooms and two bathrooms.
The Living Room with a cozy fireplace
The Kitchen
We made a great first night home-cooked meal. Starting with some salad.

Let's start out with some salad
This is what I get for not liking Alfredo. My alternative was a wannabe Chipotle bowl consisting of chicken, sausage, sweet beans, and some mash-potato looking rice.

Our Hearty Meal
On the side we have a tray of garlic bread.

First Night's Dinner

Our second day was all about snowboarding. For a first timer, I think I had a pretty good start.
Mount Rose
Off to get my snowboard gear on
The Lift
It was a super fun experience for a beginner snowboarder like me. I hope to go at least once every year if given the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...